Saturday, November 30, 2013

"All Chips In"

Last week I went 1-3 on the games I picked. Besides the Jets game I could have easily went  3-1. A bounce of the ball in another direction for the Patriots/Broncos game, or a defensive stand from the Giants and we are having a different conversation. This week I'm picking two NFL games and one college game.

The one college game everybody is talking about this week is the Iron Bowl. The number one ranked team Alabama visits Jordan Hare stadium to play the fourth ranked Auburn Tigers. The betting line is the Tide is 10.5 points favorites over the Tigers. This the first time these two teams have been ranked in the BCS top ten since 2010. It is also the first time that the SEC west division and the BCS title hopes are on the line in this one game. I like the Tide in this game who has the best run defense in the SEC this year. But with Auburn's running game I don't see the Tide getting many possessions. So I'm putting all chips in on the points.

Saints at Seahawks is one of two big NFL games this week. The line is 4.5 points, but it is going as high as 5.5. The Seahawks are close to unbeatable at home. Never have I seen a football team have some much of a advantage at home. Which makes this game very important because the winner is all but guarantee to be playing at home the entire playoffs. The Saints offense can be slowed down when face against a team who plays physical defense which is the Seahawks M.O. But they are going to be with two of their defensive backs Walter Thurmond and Brandon Browner. That is why I'm putting all my chips in on the points.

Once again the Chiefs and the Broncos are playing each other. That is the second time in the last three weeks and this time it is in Kansas City. The line is Broncos minus 4.5. That is right the have the Broncos the favorite again. Both teams are coming off disappointing loses last week. After the Broncos lost last week all you heard was about how much Peyton struggles in cold weather and how it affects his throws and accuracy. Not sure what the weather is going to be like on Sunday, but if I was Kansas City I wouldn't worry about the weather. They should worry about if they are going to be able to put a hand on Manning in this game. Especially with the injury to their best pass rushers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Even with Hali schedule to play this game, I see a better scheme as far as the pass rush but I'm all chips in on the Broncos

No comments:

Post a Comment